Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Patti the Donkey

A local Vet in Half Moon Bay, CA, suggested that I try some energy work with larger animals. Having had excellent results with smaller animals; my cats and the rescue dogs/cats, I decided to give it a try. She referred me to Monica Gavin at the Equine Rescue Center down the coast. I gave Monica a call, introduced myself and found her open to the idea of Reconnective Energy Healing®.

Monica had several older horses with various ailements and needs, but she really wanted me to give attention to a little donkey named Patti. It seems little Patti had been used by cowboys for cattle roping practice. They would chase her down, laso her, throw her to the ground, tie her feet and drag her. Then, adding insult to injury, Monica found out that she had been attacked by dogs, which explained the scars on her face. Think she had some trust issues? Monica said it took her three months to build up enough trust to be able to get close to her.

With Monica standing next to Patti, it took only five minutes for me to be able to approach her and be close to her. I spoke calmly to her and began sending her Reconnective Energy®. Patti looked at me with very sad eyes that told me she felt like a rape victim. I assured her that she was safe with Monica and the herd of horses, and that no one would hurt her anymore. She allowed me to work with her for 30 min, focusing mostly on her arthritic ankles.

A few days later, I followed up with a phone call to Monica. She felt that Patti was more calm and that she was walking with less pain. I asked if I could visit the following week alone to see what would happen without Monica's influence. It turned out to be pretty amazing! Stay tuned.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment